Current Size: 100%
Health Insurance - SBI
Your family’s happiness is priceless. Protect it.
SBI GENERAL’S GROUP HEALTH INSURANCE POLICY - For Individual and Family
We understand that people are unique and have varying levels of control over their health. Each of us would like to define a healthy life on our own terms. At SBI General, its our aim to partner with you and help you achieve better health and a sense of security along the way. In times of rising health care costs, a sudden illness or injury can leave you financially devastated and highly stressed. With SBI General’s Group Health Insurance Policy (for individual and family), you can be in control by making medical treatment expenses more manageable, thus ensuring quality health and happiness of your family.
Group Health Insurance Policy for:
- No pre-policy medical test up to the age of 65 years for people with no medical history
- Just 1 year waiting period for specified diseases (Pre-existing diseases covered after 4 years)
- Guaranteed renewal
- Multiple Coverage Options – Individual & Family Floater options for Sum Insured
- The premium paid is exempt from Income Tax under Sec 80 D of Income Tax Act (Tax benefits are subject to change in tax laws)
- Coverage of Pre and Post Hospitalisation Expenses - 30 days before and 60 days after the hospitalisation
- Cashless treatment at over 3,000 Network hospitals
- Wide Coverage – From Rs.100,000 up to Rs.500,000
This policy covers the following subject to the terms and conditions:
|S.No.||Expense Heads||Expense Limit (Rs.)|
|1||Ambulance charges||1% of SI up to a max of Rs. 1500.|
|2||Domiciliary Hospitalisation||Reasonable and Customary Charges towards Domiciliary Hospitalisation as defined in Policy subject to 20% of the Sum Insured maximum up to Rs. 20000 whichever is less.|
|3||Co-Payment on claims in non-network hospitals||10% on all eligible admissible claims.|
|4||Cashless facility||Across SBI General's Network Hospitals|
|5||Coverage for select Day Care Surgery procedures||Covers select Day Care Surgery where less than 24 hours hospitalisation for specified procedures like Dialysis, Chemotherapy, Radio therapy, Eye Surgery, Dental Surgery (Due to accident), Tonsillectomy, etc are covered.|
|6||Room boarding and Nursing charges|
|1%/day for Non ICU and 2%/day for ICU. All incremental Expenses pertaining to room rent, medical practitioners / specialists fees and other incidental Expenses to be borne by the insured.|
|Pre-hospitalisation Expenses Coverage - 30 days prior to date of admission into the hospital.|
|Post-hospitalisation Expenses Coverage - 60 days after the date of discharge from the hospital.|
|Medical Practitioner and Specialists Fees.|
|Anesthesia, Blood, Oxygen, Operation Theatre charges, Surgical Appliances, Medicines and Drugs, Physiotherapy, Diagnostic Materials and X-ray, Dialysis, Chemotherapy, Radiotherapy, Cost of Pacemaker, Prosthesis/Internal Implants and any medical expenses incurred which is integral part of the operation.|
The Company will not be liable under the Policy in respect of payment towards treatment taken due to:
- Any condition, ailment or injury or related condition(s) for which you have been diagnosed, received medical treatment, had signs and / or symptoms, prior to inception of your first policy, until 48 consecutive months have elapsed, after the date of inception of the first policy with us.
- Any disease contracted during the first 30 days of commencement of the policy.
- Certain diseases/surgeries like Hernia, Hydrocele etc shall be covered after a waiting period of 1 year.
- Treatment with alternative medicines like acupuncture, acupressure, osteopath, naturopathy, chiropractic, reflexology and aromatherapy.
- Treatment arising from or traceable to pregnancy (whether uterine or extra uterine) and childbirth including caesarean section, and/or any treatment related to prenatal and postnatal care.
- Congenital diseases
- All expenses related to AIDS and related diseases.
- Use/Abuse of intoxicating drugs or alcohol.
The minimum Sum Insured (SI) is Rs.100,000.
You can also take the following Sum Insured options:
Rs.100,000; Rs.200,000; Rs.300,000; Rs.400,000 & Rs.500,000.