Current Size: 100%
Critical illness Insurance Policy
Your greatest wealth is your health. Life follows no fixed plan and a sudden illness that is critical can sometimes leave you financially hurt and highly stressed. SBI General’s Critical Illness Insurance Policy helps you to be in control by protecting you financially.
SBI General’s Critical Illness Insurance Policy covers you against thirteen most important critical illnesses. The Policy provides for a fixed sum, irrespective of your actual medical expenses! It helps you bear the high cost of treatment associated with critical illness & stay financially stable.
- Coverage against 13 most critical Illnesses
- Maximum age of entry is 65 years
- Two Plan Options – One year and 3 years
- Sum Insured available up to Rs. 50,00,000
- Free Look Period of 15 days
- The premium paid is exempt from Income Tax under Sec 80 D of Income Tax act
The Policy provides for Insurance cover against 13 Critical Illnesses. The Insurance benefit is payable, only if the Insured is alive for a period of more than or equal to 28 days from the date of the first diagnosis of the illness/medical event or undergoing illness related surgical procedure for the first time.
|Sr. No.||Critical Illness||Survival Period||Minimum Assessment Period|
|1||Cancer||28 days||28 days|
|2||Kidney Failure (End Stage Renal Failure)||28 days||28 days|
|3||Primary Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension||28 days||28 days|
|4||Multiple Sclerosis||28 days||28 days|
|5||Major Organ Transplant||28 days||180 days|
|6||Coronary artery by-pass grafts (with surgery to divide the breastbone)||28 days||28 days|
|7||Aorta Graft Surgery||28 days||28 days|
|8||Heart Valve Surgery||28 days||28 days|
|9||Stroke||28 days||90 days|
|10||Myocardial Infarction (First Heart Attack)||28 days||28 days|
|11||Coma||28 days||30 days|
|12||Total Blindness||28 days||28 days|
|13||Paralysis||28 days||90 days|
Only one Critical Illness claim can be allowed by us during the lifetime of the Insured. The Critical Illness policy terminates immediately on the payment of first Critical Illness benefit under the policy. The maximum benefit amount under Critical Illness cover to any individual is INR 5,000,000 including all policies that are issued by the Insurer.
The minimum age of entry for SBI General’s Critical Illness Insurance Policy is 18 years, while the maximum age is 65 years.
The following exclusions shall apply to the benefits admissible under this policy and No benefit shall be paid for the following circumstances and for the following conditions/ tests/ treatments.
- Pre- Existing disease, related condition(s) & complications.
- Waiting period of 90 days from the date of issuance of the policy.
- Any congenital Illness / conditions.
- Attempted suicide (whether sane or insane) or intentionally self inflicted Injury or Illness.
- Sexually transmitted conditions, mental or nervous disorder, Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS), Human Immune deficiency Virus (HIV) infection
- Being under the influence of drugs, alcohol, or other intoxicants or hallucinogens unless properly prescribed by a Medical Practitioner and taken as prescribed
The SBI General’s Critical Illness Insurance Policy is available in two Plan Options.
- 1 year Plan
- 3 year Plan
The minimum coverage available under this policy is for Rs. 2,00,000 and the maximum is for Rs. 50,00,000 subject to the following terms.
- The maximum sum insured would be restricted to 60 months gross income for the Insured or maximum of Rs. 50,00,000 provided, proposer is the earning member of the family and in such cases, we may insist for income proof, if required.
- In case of non earning Insured sum insured would be restricted to 50% of Sum Insured up to a maximum of Rs. 10,00,000 based on the Income of the proposer.
- Based on Medical history, Sum Insured and age, the proposer may have to undergo a Medical Examination. For proposed insured persons who are aged above 45 years, the acceptance of proposal is subject to a satisfactory medical examination as per our company’s requirements, irrespective of sum insured chosen.
- Pre-acceptance medical tests will be at the cost of the proposer. However, if the proposal is accepted the Insurer will reimburse 50% of the cost incurred towards the medical tests so undertaken at the advice of the insurer.
- The Maximum Sum Insured would be restricted to Rs. 15,00,000 for insured persons aged 60 and above and taking a policy with us for the first time.
If I have a heart ailment right from the birth, will it be covered under this policy?
Any congenital Illness/Conditions is excluded from coverage in this policy and hence your existing health ailment and related conditions will not be covered under this policy
If is claim once, can I renew the policy?
Only one Critical Illness claim can be allowed by us during the lifetime of the Insured. The Critical Illness policy terminates immediately on the payment of first Critical Illness benefit under the policy and you will not be able to renew the policy.
What are the tax benefits that can be availed on this plan?
Deduction u/s 80 D of income tax act is available from taxable income for premium paid towards health insurance
- For self, spouse and dependent children - Maximum Rs.25000/-
- For Parent(s)- Maximum Rs.25,000/-
- In case Parent(s) are resident senior citizen- Maximum Rs.30,000/-
Can I port any other policy into this policy?
Portability is applicable only within similar products. In this case you can port your existing critical illness policy into this policy.
What do you mean by Pre-Existing Disease? Are pre- existing diseases covered in this policy?
Any condition, aliment or injury or relation condition(s), for which the insured had signs or symptoms and/or diagnosed and/or received medical advice/treatment prior to the inception of the policy. Pre existing diseases are permanently excluded from coverage in this policy.
- 1 of 3
- next ›
Product code: IRDA/NL-HLT/SBIGI/P-H/V.I/41/13-14.Disclaimer: The above information is indicative in nature, for more details on complete coverage and terms and conditions, please contact our nearest office and also read the sales brochure carefully before concluding a sale.