Current Size: 100%
Travel Insurance (Business & Holiday)
Whether you travel alone, with family or business associates, you would certainly want your trip abroad to be as per your plan. Despite all that careful planning, there may be unforeseen events beyond your control. This may take your peace of mind and put you completely out of control. SBI General’s Travel Insurance (Business and Holiday) provides comprehensive cover for you and your family when you are globetrotting. It covers you against medical and other financial emergencies during your trip abroad and help restore your peace and be in control of the situation. Travel in peace anywhere in the world with SBI General’s Travel Insurance Policy..
- Medical cover upto USD 0.5 million
- No medical examination
- Comprehensive coverage
- Worldwide protection & round the clock assistance
- Fair, transparent & quick cashless claim settlement
Our Travel Insurance is one of the most comprehensive policies in the industry. It covers expenses incurred for medical treatment of illness, disease contracted or injury sustained during an overseas travel and which is primarily in the nature of an emergency and necessary to be undertaken immediately along with other related coverages.
|Section||Coverages||Benefits (in US $)||Deductible|
|A||Medical Expenses including Evacuation & Repatriation||50,000 to 5,00,000||US $ 100|
|A-i||Personal Accident||10% of Limit of cover under Section (A) subject to maximum 25,000||Nil|
Period of insurance
- a) Single Trip:- Policy can be issued for minimum 1 day up to a maximum of 180 days duration.
- b) Multi Trip:- Policy will be issued only for one year and not for any duration shorter or longer than one year.
How to extend the policy duration?
With prior approval of the Insurer and on payment of extra premium:- Extension in Policy duration is only permissible in single trip insurance for a maximum 180 days subject to the condition that total Policy duration after extension shall not be more than 270 days.
The premium for extension of Policy duration will be difference of full extended period premium minus premium received till date.
Automatic extension:- This extension is over and above extension of the Policy duration after prior approval for a period not exceeding 7 days if necessitated by delay of public transport services beyond the control of the Insured person. This automatic extension will be free of any charge.
The Company shall not be liable to pay under the Policy for the following:
1. No claim will be paid where the Insured person:
- is travelling against the advice of a Physician: or
- is receiving or on a waiting list for specified medical treatment declared in the Physician's report or certificate; or
- is travelling for the purpose of obtaining treatment; or
- has received a terminal prognosis for a medical condition.
2. No claim will be paid if arising from suicide, attempted suicide or wilfully self inflicted injury or illness, mental disorder, anxiety, stress or depression, venereal disease, alcoholism, drunkenness or the abuse of the drugs, or any loss arising directly or indirectly from any injury, illness, death, loss, expenses, or other liability attributable to HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus) and/or any HIV related illness including AIDS (Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome) and/or any mutant derivative or variation thereof however caused.
3. No claim will be paid if arising from the Insured person taking part in Naval, Military or Airforce operations.
4. No claim will be paid if arising from War, invasion, acts of foreign enemy, hostilities (whether war be declared or not), civil war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, military or usurped power or confiscation or nationalisation or requisition of or destruction of or damage to property by or under the order of any government or local authority.
5. The Insurance does not cover any claim arising from the loss or destruction or damage to any property whatsoever or any loss or expenses whatsoever resulting or arising there from or any consequential loss directly or indirectly caused by or contributed to by or arising from
- ionising radiation or contamination by radioactivity from any nuclear waste from the combustion of nuclear fuel; or
- the radioactive, toxic, explosive or other hazardous properties of any explosive nuclear assembly or nuclear component thereof.
6. No claim will be paid which arises from the Insured person engaging in Air Travel unless he or she flies as a passenger on an aircraft properly licensed to carry passengers. For the purpose of this exclusion, Air Travel means being in or on, or boarding an aircraft for the purpose of flying therein or alighting therefrom following a flight.
7. No claim will be paid arising from the participation of the Insured person in winter sports, mountaineering (where ropes or guides are customarily used), riding or driving in races or rallies, caving or potholing, hunting or equestrian, skew diving or other underwater activity, rafting or canoeing involving white water rapids, yachting or boating outside coastal waters (2 miles). Further no claim will be paid in case Insured person participates in professional sports or any other hazardous sports, unless specifically covered as an extension of the Policy.
8. No claim will be paid for losses arising from accidents on two wheeled motorised vehicles unless at the time of the accident the driver is duly qualified, is in possession of a current full International driving license and the Insured person is wearing a safety crash helmet.
9. No claim will be paid for losses arising directly or indirectly from manual work or hazardous occupation, or if engaging in any criminal or illegal act.
10.Pre-existing Disease: The Policy is not designed to provide an indemnity in respect of medical services, the need for which arises out of a pre-existing disease.
What are the terms for extension in Policy Duration?
Following are the terms of extension:
- With prior approval of the Insurer and on payment of extra premium:- Extension in Policy duration is only permissible in single trip insurance for a maximum 180 days subject to the condition that total Policy duration after extension shall not be more than 270 days. The premium for extension of Policy duration will be difference of full extended period premium minus premium received till date.
- Automatic extension: - This extension is over and above extension of the Policy duration after prior approval for a period not exceeding 7 days if necessitated by delay of public transport services beyond the control of the Insured person. This automatic extension will be free of any charge.
If I sustain a loss on the last day of the Policy and continue treatment in India, will the Policy be automatically extended to cover the loss?
The Insurer shall also indemnify the medical expenses incurred by the Insured person in India for continuation of medical treatment commenced by the Insured Person outside India as a result of the injury/illness/disease manifesting for the first time during the course of the insured journey. This benefit shall be limited to a period of 90 days from and including the date upon which the aforesaid illness and/ or accident bodily occurred or first manifested itself, and to Medical Expenses at the usual and customary level.
Is pregnancy or disease/ complication arising out of pregnancy covered?
Treatment arising from or traceable to pregnancy childbirth, miscarriage, abortion or complications of any of these, including caesarian are excluded. However, this exclusion will not apply to abdominal operation for extra uterine pregnancy (Ectopic Pregnancy), which is proved by submission of Ultra Sonography Report and certification by a Gynaecologist that it is life threatening.
Is FIR required on occurrence of an accident?
FIR (First Information Report) is required in cases of:
- Loss of passport
- Claim under Home burglary insurance
- Bail Bond
- Accidental Claims under Personal accident section
- Personal liability
- Financial emergency
My entire family is travelling with me for 2 months. My house is going to be locked. In case there is a robbery/ theft or fire, will the policy reimburse us?
This Policy will indemnify the Insured Person for claims made in respect of loss of or damage to contents of the Insured Person’s home in India (located at the address mentioned in the Policy Schedule) caused by actual or attempted Burglary and/or Robbery during the Period of Insurance. The cover incepts from the date of departure of the Insured person from the country and ends on the expiry date or date of return to the country, whichever is earlier. The Insurer’s liability will be subject to maximum limit specified in the schedule. The cover excludes loss or damage to valuables.
- 1 of 8
- next ›
Product Code - IRDA/NL-HLT/SBIGI/P-T/V.I/36/13-14 Disclaimer: The above information is only indicative in nature. For full details of the coverage & exclusions please contact our nearest office and refer to the policy documents.