How To Renew Two-Wheeler Insurance?
A two-wheeler insurance policy is a security cover against unfortunate events that may happen in the future. The government mandates that every vehicle owner should hold a third-party liability insurance. It is equally important to know how to renew bike insurance as your policy is valid only for a specific term.
Importance of Renewal
While buying the minimal third-party liability bike insurance is mandatory, there are various reasons which warrant buying and renewing a bike insurance policy:
• Financial protection: The most crucial aspect of two-wheeler insurance is that it provides financial protection in emergency situations. From nominal damages to theft of the bike, to significant losses, a bike insurance policy cover many risk factors.
• Legal obligation: It is crucial that you know how to renew two-wheeler insurance as relying on an expired policy could lead to legal consequences. You will be charged fines if you do not renew your bike insurance policy timely.
• Ancillary support: Through your two-wheeler insurance. , you can opt for roadside assistance. This assistance can be in the form of towing services, flat tyre, minor repairs etc.
• Peace of mind: The most understated benefit for the renewal of your bike insurance is that it will provide peace of mind to you. You will remain calm in unfortunate situations that involve your two-wheeler, knowing that you have a corresponding insurance policy to rely on.
Steps to Renew Two-wheeler Insurance
To be apprised of how to renew insurance for a two-wheeler, you should know there are two ways to go about it, offline and online.
Offline Mode: Under this mode, you would be required to visit the insurance provider’s physical branch office with the policy documents. Typically, a representative from the bike insurance company will take you through the process. On payment of renewal charges, you would receive back your renewed policy documents at your registered home address in a couple of days. This mode is usually preferred by those who are traditional in their approach and would want to interact with their insurance provider face-to-face.
Online Mode: This is an easier mode for putting your bike insurance policy up for renewal. You would be required to access the online portal of your bike insurance provider. Learning how to renew bike insurance online is quite straightforward, as the online portals are user-friendly. You will most likely see a ‘Renew Online’ option on the website, which will take you through an online form requiring you to fill in details of your bike insurance and yourself. Once you have filled in the details, you would be directed to the payment gateway, wherein you can make an online payment for the renewal. As soon as the payment goes through, you would receive your renewed bike insurance policy document on your e-mail address.
Advantages of Renewing Bike Insurance Online
While it remains completely your choice which mode you chose to renew your bike insurance in, but there are several advantages of the online mode –
• Convenient: You can conveniently renew the policy within the comforts of your own home.
• Transparent: There are no middle-men involved and the transactions happen through secure online payment gateways.
• Effective: You wouldn’t have to wait for days to get your renewed policy documents. In the online mode, as soon as your payment goes through, your policy is renewed instantaneously.
• Online Assistance: If you were to get stuck in any step, during the online renewal process, you have a chat bot or round the clock phone assistance available through the website.
To avail benefits of continued coverage, and legally qualified to ride your two-wheeler on roads, ensure that you are renewing your bike insurance in a timely fashion.
Disclaimer: The above information is indicative in nature. For more details on the risk factor, terms and conditions, please refer to the Sales Brochure and Policy Wordings carefully before concluding a sale.