How to Apply for a Digital Health ID Card?
You may need to examine your medical records at any time. Healthcare providers, too, may ask for your medical reports to provide the necessary healthcare services you need. Now you can easily provide your personal health records through a digital health ID card. This article explains digital health ID cards, the stepwise registration process and their benefits.What is a Digital Health ID Card?
A digital health ID card is an identity card issued under the Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission (ABDM); a digitalisation scheme launched by the Government of India in 2021. The ID card consists of the 14-digit Ayushman Bharat Health Account (ABHA) Number. By presenting the card, you can share your lab reports and diagnosis directly with verified healthcare specialists.How to Get a Digital Health ID Card?
To get a Digital Health ID Card, you must first create an ABHA Number. Visit the official ABDM website and select 'Create ABHA Number' to create your digital health card online in the following ways.Using Aadhaar
- Enter your 12-digit Aadhaar Number and consent to the terms and conditions.
- Enter the One-Time Password (OTP) received on the mobile number linked with your Aadhaar Card.
- Now enter your mobile number and another OTP sent on it.
- Enter your full name, date of birth and address as mentioned on the Aadhaar Card.
- Choose a username, enter an email address, and hit 'Submit'.
- Once you provide your details, the system instantly generates your 14-digital ABHA number.
- Review your ABHA digital Health ID card details.
- Click on 'Download ABHA Number Card' or make edits under 'Profile Actions' before downloading.
- After agreeing to the terms and conditions, enter your mobile number and click on Submit.
- Enter the OTP received and upload your Driving License copy
- Enter your Driving License Number and click Verify.
- The portal will assign an Enrolment Number.
- Provide the Enrolment Number to the nearest healthcare facility and get your Health ID.
Here's why you should opt for a digital health card.
- Easy onboarding: You can create your digital health ID within minutes using your Aadhaar-linked mobile number. You only need to provide your Aadhaar number and personal details.
- Single platform to access medical records:With ABHA, you can access your medical records and history in a digital format on a single platform. This facility allows you to provide a long list of documents to medical caregivers and insurers and also helps you buy a Health Insurance Policy.
- Security: You can opt out of the ABHA anytime, and all your data gets erased from the ABHA records. Also, the details are shared with medical service providers only after you consent.
Your digital health ID card allows you to share your medical records. It also improves your chances of buying an excellent health insurance policy, especially if you have a clean bill of health. You can create your Digital Health ID Card in minutes, without paying any registration charges.Disclaimer: The above information is indicative in nature. For more details on the risk factor, terms and conditions, please refer to the Sales Brochure and Policy Wordings carefully before concluding a sale.