How to Check Motor Insurance Validity?
You have purchased that perfect motor and can’t wait anymore to wander around with it. Wait, you need to get insurance for the motor before you can take it out because riding a motor without insurance is illegal. Purchasing a motor insurance policy is not the end of it. Every policy has an expiry date, and you need to renew the policy before it lapses. A terminated approach is invalid, and it will cost you a fine. Let us find out the different ways to check the expiry date of motor insurance policy.
How To Check a Motor Insurance Validity?
How to check motor insurance validity is often repeated. There are primarily three different ways on.
1. Check The Expiry Date Via Insurance Information Bureau
All insurance strategy-related subtleties can be found on the site of the Insurance Information Bureau (IIB). On this site, follow the below-referenced and view the expiry date instantly.
• Visit the online entry of IIB
• On the landing page, under the Quick Links area, click on 'V Seva'
• Enter the data needed on the structure
• Enter the manual human test code and snap on 'Submit'
• You can likewise follow these two basic strides to see the insurance subtleties on the Insurance Information Bureau:
• Visit the IIB entryway
• Fill an inquiry structure. A leader will call you on the enrolled number and help you out
Note that the site has data on insurance arrangements purchased after April 1, 2020 only. Any arrangement bought before that date isn't recorded on the site. You can see the subtleties up to multiple times utilising a similar versatile number and mail ID.
2. Check The Expiry Date Via VAHAN
The Road and Transport Ministry tracks all insurance approaches on the VAHAN site. Subsequently, you can see the expiry date of your policy on this site. Follow these steps to understand how to check motor insurance validity online:
• Visit the VAHAN e-administration site
• On the menu tab, click on 'Know Your Details'
• On the following page, enter your vehicle number and the check code
• Snap-on 'Search Vehicle'
• You can see the expiry date under the 'insurance Upto' section.
3. Check The Expiry Date Via Your Insurer
Your insurance supplier has all records of your insurance policies. Websites of insurers permit you to see the subtleties simply by entering the enrollment number of your motor.
These are two situations to know how to check motor insurance validity — checking the insurance status of your vehicle or you should know the mishap history of the vehicle which caused the mishap.
Disclaimer: The above information is indicative in nature. For more details on the risk factor, terms and conditions, please refer to the Sales Brochure and Policy Wordings carefully before concluding a sale.